Announcement and Community Info Area

Moderator: TDP Officers

TDP-PurpleDelta
Team Founder - Web/Forum/Server Admin

v2 Website launch

Postby TDP-PurpleDelta » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 am

As you will have noticed v2 of TDP's website is now Live! :dance:

Hope you all like the new look and please as always let me know if there is any issues or if you have any suggestions ;)
Intel i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz | XFX HD5850XXX | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Kingston 12GB HyperX RAM | Samsung F3 500GB HDD | Win7 x64

Duckpig

Re: v2 Website launch

Postby Duckpig » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 am

It's missing a kick ass graphic that stops us looking like a government information page and turns us into a gaming clan.
TDP-Trucks
TDP Officer - Recruitment

Postby TDP-Trucks » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 am

TDP-Duckpig wrote:It's missing a kick ass graphic that stops us looking like a government information page and turns us into a gaming clan.

You missing the dragons and explosions?
"Two Crossfired GPUs provide around twice the power hassle as one"

i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | R9 280x Toxic | 12GB G.Skill RAM | 120GB SSD | K70 Mechanical
Duckpig

Postby Duckpig » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Not as much as I'm missing the point.

Visually precise I will grant you.
I'm a gamer and precision comes in the form of a headshot from 1000 feet with a smoke grenade launcher (hax).

I like it but it is waaaaay to far to the right of neat and tidy and I think it needs dragons exploding all over your face!

New gamer: Has TDP got a website?
TDP member: Yes, go to (insert link)
New gamer: Cool.....wait....WTF dude I'm a gamer too much information and not enough explosions with dragons having rampant sex with a dwarf.
TDP member: It's all good just scroll a bit further.
New gamer: I'm outta here man, PAYPAL my ass.
TDP member: wait you don't hav
Mumble: New gamer left the server with his or her (political correctness has to be observed at some point) middle finger extended.

In my opinion :whistle:

That's about as constructive as I get with feedback.
TDP-Trucks

Postby TDP-Trucks » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 pm

TDP-Duckpig wrote:Not as much as I'm missing the point.

Visually precise I will grant you.
I'm a gamer and precision comes in the form of a headshot from 1000 feet with a smoke grenade launcher (hax).

I like it but it is waaaaay to far to the right of neat and tidy and I think it needs dragons exploding all over your face!

New gamer: Has TDP got a website?
TDP member: Yes, go to (insert link)
New gamer: Cool.....wait....WTF dude I'm a gamer too much information and not enough explosions with dragons having rampant sex with a dwarf.
TDP member: It's all good just scroll a bit further.
New gamer: I'm outta here man, PAYPAL my ass.
TDP member: wait you don't hav
Mumble: New gamer left the server with his or her (political correctness has to be observed at some point) middle finger extended.

In my opinion :whistle:

That's about as constructive as I get with feedback.

I think me and daz just hate the cliche of having that stuff that every other clan has. People should want to be in TDP because we are awesome fun and run good games / servers.

We looked at the homepage and what people want from it, and why they go there and stripped away all the bull.

- Whos on voip?
- What do they play?
- How can I join?

i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | R9 280x Toxic | 12GB G.Skill RAM | 120GB SSD | K70 Mechanical
Duckpig

Postby Duckpig » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:47 pm

by bull you mean fun?

Find a balance
TDP-Trucks

Postby TDP-Trucks » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm

TDP-Duckpig wrote:by bull you mean fun?

Find a balance

Could you give an example of some ideas to spice it up? Ill work up a graphic and see what daz thinks.

Duckpig

Postby Duckpig » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm creatively retarded.

If you want a square house with square windows, a sunshine with a smiley face, squiggles for birds and a tree that resembles a cloud with a big stick hanging out of it. I'm your man.

I just think it looks a bit bland, dull, boring, about a million miles away from a gaming clan and more like a book reading club.

But if that's what you are going for don't mind me, I'm just passing through for my one sign in per cycle.

A difference in thought process that is all.

AAAaargh hide the PAYPAL slap
TDP-Brennon
TDP Member
TDP Member

Postby TDP-Brennon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm agreeing with Ducky here, make the Paypal icon a bit smaller, by the way you can still access the old site by going directly to http://tdpgaming.co.uk/
TDP-Webbo
TDP Member
TDP Member

Postby TDP-Webbo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:11 pm

I like it and I already told Darren that I thought the Paypal sign was a little large. I do miss the banner but I like the simplicity of the page.
TDP-PurpleDelta

Postby TDP-PurpleDelta » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Ok I get the consensus the Paypal button could be smaller. (will reduce displayed size) but it has already served its purpose as the info required to donate has clearly been on the forum for some time and been ignored until the logo was visible on the homepage...

The homepage has been done like Trucks has explained to let folk see the info they need.. Who is TDP? Who is Online? Who are the current Members? How do I join? How do I support TDP? ...etc

TDP is a Gaming Community and our reach of games played has never been so vast, having graphics to depict every title currently played would look rather crowded and messy and most likely put people off. although subtle elements from popular titles could be placed on the homepage. I am no graphic designer and I will never profess to be one (unless I trained to be one ofc) so graphics etc are dependent mostly on external resources etc and good graphics cost money of which I am not made of.

I've looked at many many gaming community/clan websites, there is a few prime examples of decent websites but a raft of badly layed out and coded ones too :( I'm not saying what I have done is the best there is, it is definitely far from it but it serves its purpose to show current and potential members the info they may well be seeking in a easy to view way and all in one place.

So as I have always said if there is any suggestions please do put them forward but everybody is different and not everybody will like it that's just the way it is.
Intel i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz | XFX HD5850XXX | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Kingston 12GB HyperX RAM | Samsung F3 500GB HDD | Win7 x64

Duckpig

Postby Duckpig » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm

TDP-PurpleDelta wrote:Ok I get the consensus the Paypal button could be smaller. (will reduce displayed size) but it has already served its purpose as the info required to donate has clearly been on the forum for some time and been ignored until the logo was visible on the homepage...

The homepage has been done like Trucks has explained to let folk see the info they need.. Who is TDP? Who is Online? Who are the current Members? How do I join? How do I support TDP? ...etc

TDP is a Gaming Community and our reach of games played has never been so vast, having graphics to depict every title currently played would look rather crowded and messy and most likely put people off. although subtle elements from popular titles could be placed on the homepage. I am no graphic designer and I will never profess to be one (unless I trained to be one ofc) so graphics etc are dependent mostly on external resources etc and good graphics cost money of which I am not made of.

I've looked at many many gaming community/clan websites, there is a few prime examples of decent websites but a raft of badly layed out and coded ones too :( I'm not saying what I have done is the best there is, it is definitely far from it but it serves its purpose to show current and potential members the info they may well be seeking in a easy to view way and all in one place.

So as I have always said if there is any suggestions please do put them forward but everybody is different and not everybody will like it that's just the way it is.

So in other words, shut up and deal with it you annoying c*ck.

I do love a good troll, I must have worn out soooo many of my victims keyboards.

See you again in 8 weeks.

Love you
TDP-PurpleDelta

Postby TDP-PurpleDelta » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 am

TDP-Duckpig wrote:
TDP-PurpleDelta wrote:Ok I get the consensus the Paypal button could be smaller. (will reduce displayed size) but it has already served its purpose as the info required to donate has clearly been on the forum for some time and been ignored until the logo was visible on the homepage...

So in other words, shut up and deal with it you annoying c*ck.

I do love a good troll, I must have worn out soooo many of my victims keyboards.

See you again in 8 weeks.

Love you

Not at all Ducky and yes you are a massive Troll :lol:

I assume you regulary visit book reading club websites to compare ours to one ?? :techie-studyinggray:

Duckpig

Postby Duckpig » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:44 pm

http://onlinebookclub.org/

:dance:
Even the book club has an awesome graphic.
TDP-RicHii3
TDP Member
TDP Member

Postby TDP-RicHii3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 pm

I hate to impose, I like what you've done with the site to an extent, I do agree that we need a bit more 'Oomf' maybe not dragons and explosions, but something that looks a little more 'Gamerish'. Like people have mentioned, the PayPal could be smaller, it kind of looks like we're begging for money, though we know we are not, to an outsider that's how it comes across.

I'm not saying use this design, but I made this a while back if you recall, it maintains simple design yet it shows a sense of gaming, obviously this is back when we pretty much only played BF3 and we could do with a more diverse design now... but here is my example:

Link: http://i.imgur.com/w827c.jpg

Return to “Announcements + Community Info”