totte

A friendly place to introduce yourself to the community

Moderator: TDP Officers

totte

totte

Postby totte » Sat May 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey folks!

I am totte, 27 years old, developer and to some extent system administrator. Since Team Fortress 2 was released I've accumulated 150ish hours in total - having had quite long breaks in between the phases - and decided to give it another shot due to having built a new desktop computer to replace my laptop(s). I spent most of the money on hard drives (RAID10 of mechanical ones for my data and two SSDs for OS files) and haven't bought a graphics card yet but most games run really well on the integrated such!

I almost exclusively play scout nowadays - I've got a soft spot for fast and agile classes - and am an accomplished rocket and grenade magnet. If an enemy demoman has put stickies somewhere on the map I can assure you that I will somehow, inexplicably end up in that place. Scouts usually jump around and keep themselves in the air when fighting soldiers to prevent them from firing at your feet - but I seem to have a knack for jumping into rockets in the air! It takes some quick thinking and precision, but I am (apparently) capable! Joking aside, I am terrible but an eager learner and read strategies, watch gameplay videos and so on. It's quite difficult to find a proper team on public servers where you communicate (voice) and really work together so I thought I'd try hanging out with you folks - feel free to give me a nudge if you want to practice, do some MvM together or just whatever. From what I've gathered so far you seem sensible and relaxed. Oh! I almost forgot one of my best moments! Once the teams were scrambled and I was put in the red team. This blue spy comes up to me (no cloak, no disguise) and I simply turn my back on him because I forgot about the team swap... Dat backstab.
ASUS Z87-PRO | Intel Core i5-4670K | Kingston HyperX Black 16GB 1600 MHz | 2x Samsung 840 EVO Basic 250GB | 4x Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB 7200RPM (RAID10) | Roccat KONE XTD | WASD V2 87-key with Cherry MX Blue switches (Colemak layout) | Debian GNU/Linux "Jessie"
TDP-ziggy
TDP Member
TDP Member

Re: totte

Postby TDP-ziggy » Sat May 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Best intro ever haha :) welcome! Jump on mumble and I'm sure the guys will shoot rockets at you if you ask nicely
TDP-PurpleDelta
Team Founder - Web/Forum/Server Admin

Postby TDP-PurpleDelta » Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum buddy, great intro and look forward to chatting on Mumble and hopefully I'll get in some TF2 games everyone :violence-minigun:
Intel i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz | XFX HD5850XXX | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Kingston 12GB HyperX RAM | Samsung F3 500GB HDD | Win7 x64

TDP-Webbo
TDP Member
TDP Member

Postby TDP-Webbo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Twas a good intro, we need more like that. I don't play much TF2 myself, sometimes I may jump on and burn things with colourful Pyrovision though. I've just bought a new graphics card myself, a r9 280X and it's great: wholly recommend if you're looking.

My guess is you will be joining on Mumble fairly regularly so I'll see you there. You'll know it's me because of the beatboxing.

Ciao.
totte

Postby totte » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 am

Thank you!

Hah, I spent all my money on SSDs and HDDs, can't afford a graphics card for a while. The Intel Linux drivers work quite well for most games though so it's not a big deal. :)

Sadly it seems like I missed out on the action, I usually spend the autumns hiking up in the mountains so I've been AFK a lot. Nice to see that you're all doing alright, I got back on Mumble last night and it was good to hear the familiar voices. I hope I'll be able to hop in and spectate the upcoming matches you'll be playing. My accuracy would seem to have dropped drastically, can't hit **** right now, so I'll need to practice a bit. ;)
ASUS Z87-PRO | Intel Core i5-4670K | Kingston HyperX Black 16GB 1600 MHz | 2x Samsung 840 EVO Basic 250GB | 4x Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB 7200RPM (RAID10) | Roccat KONE XTD | WASD V2 87-key with Cherry MX Blue switches (Colemak layout) | Debian GNU/Linux "Jessie"
TDP-PurpleDelta

Postby TDP-PurpleDelta » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Welcome back buddy
Intel i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz | XFX HD5850XXX | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Kingston 12GB HyperX RAM | Samsung F3 500GB HDD | Win7 x64

Return to “Introduce Yourself”