Seriously giving up on ArenaNet & GW2.

All Things GuildWars2 Related

Moderator: TDP Officers

Vimblast

Seriously giving up on ArenaNet & GW2.

Postby Vimblast » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Hey,

I've been really calm the past few days just letting my hacking situation get to them and give them time to sort stuff out, i'm starting to wonder why i did. I've read Reddit the past few days picking up as much information about what they're doing and they release a status thing everyday. The status is 90% about the abuse of exploits and banned members wanting their accounts back, the people that were genuine with the game and tried to follow THEIR mistakes ('Email Verification') got raped because of it; they don't care about us. The 10% only mentions to change your password and make sure it's a "strong" password. Now, i have a strong password because I've already taken this up with Reddit and people on TeamSpeak and they agree (Obviously didn't tell them my password before people start making unfunny jokes), I got hacked and got my account stolen. I would follow their advice and change my password but the email to MY account has been changed so I can't actually go on my account to change the password.

Their priority at the moment is the banned accounts and sorting them out which is not something they should be focusing on. Which is making the people who haven't done anything wrong have to wait for this horrible service they're calling "Customer Support". This is probably one of the worst "Customer Support" 'things' I've came across and I have had a wide array of crap with other games and they sorted it in at least 48 hours. I have gave them all my details and i haven't had one 'human' response, I've had constant copy and pasted crap: "Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support. Someone will be reviewing your ticket shortly. If you would like to add to or update your support ticket, please reply to this message or update your incident by clicking the link below. We appreciate your patience and will reply shortly." They say "shortly"... it's been 78 hours so far. I know I'm being impatient but this is totally unacceptable; I do understand they are extremely busy with all THEIR mistakes but they have no idea how to prioritise important things over invalid things that can be sorted later on.

I've waited so long for this game and I love the game itself, there's issues but that's fine, they can be sorted. I just feel I can't be safe with them and their customer support is actually terrible, it's like they really don't give a crap about their community. So I'm thinking that I'm not going to play this game even if I get my account back until they sort out the priorities and support team.

TL;DR
No prioritisation over important matters; Giving up with this game. Customer support is completely terrible and I'm scared to even trust them considering THEY got me hacked.

EDIT: Found a way to reimburse my money for the game, probably going to look into doing that.
Spackosaurus

Re: Seriously giving up on ArenaNet & GW2.

Postby Spackosaurus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:50 pm

i think you should give it a couple of days before trying to get your money back, people on reddit who had acc's hacked on tues/wed have started to get them back so it looks like anet are getting on top of it, but unfortunately it seems like it will take a few more days
Vimblast

Postby Vimblast » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Don't worry, I am waiting another 3 or so days before I actually think hard about doing it.
TDP-nGin
TDP Member
TDP Member

Postby TDP-nGin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am

Hacked accounts are now prioritised! :)
Vimblast

Postby Vimblast » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:17 pm

That's good news, but still gotta wait 72hours :/
Isaac

Postby Isaac » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Dayum, good luck Vim. I was/am looking forward to playing with you. You're a fun guy :D
http://www.youtube.com/sheepzez
You may well see yourself on here!
Vimblast

Postby Vimblast » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Cheers man but this is seriously taking it too far :/

Return to “Guild Wars 2”